Total Recall - Triton Director to Present at GSE Conference
October 31st, 2017
Triton Consulting is pleased to confirm that Julian Stuhler, Solutions Delivery Director and IBM Gold Consultant has been selected to present at this year's GSE Conference, which takes place at the Whittlebury Hall Hotel on the 7th and 8th November.
The GSE conference is a two day event filled with technical presentations and hands-on workshops, in both multi-session and short "drop in" formats.
Julian Stuhler, will be presenting Total Recall: Exploiting In-Memory Features in DB2 12 for z/OS on Tuesday 7th from 12:00 - 13:00
"IBM has steadily expanded the in-memory capabilities of DB2 in recent releases, to the extent that DB2 12 for z/OS is now officially recognised by Gartner as a bona fide "In Memory Database". This presentation provides an overview of the ways in which DB2 is evolving to exploit more real memory, reduce CPU and deliver improved price/performance, with a specific emphasis on exploiting new DB2 12 in-memory features such as contiguous buffer pools and Fast Traverse Blocks (FTBs).
- Provide an overview of IBM's increasing use of in-memory techniques to boost DB2 application performance and scalability
- Describe the technical implementation of the two major in-memory DB2 12 for z/OS in-memory features: contiguous buffer pools and Fast Traverse Blocks (FTBs).
- Provide some practical guidelines and best practices for configuring and using DB2 12 in-memory features.
There are so many other great presentations and activities scheduled, too many for one blog post, so view the full agenda here. Not sure if the conference is for you? Here's a recommendation of who should attend:
- Executives/managers charged responsible for Mainframe based services
- Mainframe specialists in all disciplines
- Applications Developers
- Beginners to IT or the Mainframe
- Experienced Mainframe specialist branching into new areas
The GSE conference is also an ideal event for networking with your peers and to meet with vendors to discuss current or future business requirements. You can find a full list of GSE UK vendors here.