Malta, here we come!
Malta is an upcoming location for business and culture given that it held the Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2017 and the City of Valetta, Malta has been selected as the European Capital of Culture 2018. A Blockchain conference with 8,000 attendees from across the Globe was held this week at the Intercontinental – IDUG conference hotel.
All roads lead to Malta this weekend for more than 450 IDUG members. I’m really excited about IDUG EMEA this year. The venue is fantastic and we have such a great line-up of speakers from users to IBM experts, long-time IDUG speakers and first-time attendees. And of course, we have a week of wonderful weather ahead of us.
The Triton team are attending in full force with presentations on various topics throughout the week. Be sure to check these out:
- DevOps and Agile are hot topics this year and on Monday Afternoon, Julian Stuhler will be talking about “Cloudy with a Chance of DevOps – A Survival Guide”.
- Damir Wilder will be sharing SQL tuning experiences on Monday Afternoon in “SQL Tuning Basics: Simple Steps to SQL Sufficiency”.
- Tuesday Afternoon, Paul Stoker will be co-speaking on “Modernizing the Mainframe – Making DB2 z/OS Agile” with Paul Whitmarsh, Lloyds Banking Group.
- Hybrid Transactional and Analytical Processing (HTAP) is a topic of primary focus within IBM Analytics, and Mark Gillis will share his experiences in “HTAP : Are We There Yet?” on Wednesday.
- On Thursday, James Gill will be discussing encryption in DB2 for z/OS in “Encrypt or Die! How to Secure DB2 for z/OS DDF Traffic using SECPORT and AT-TLS”.
Additionally, there will also be three expert panels on DB2 for z/OS, DB2 for LUW and application development which take place on Wednesday. Julian Stuhler from Triton will be answering your DB2 for z/OS questions from 13:40 and I will be join the LUW expert panel from 14:50. You can submit your z/OS and LUW questions to the panel in advance.
The detailed agenda can be found at: https://www.idug.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1385
Looking forward to seeing and connecting with you all this week!
« Previous | Next »